Christian Way Ministries (CWM) is a Non-Denominational Contemporary Christian Church that began on August 9th, 2015 out of Norfolk, Virginia. We are a new ministry for Jesus Christ who stands firm on his Life, Death, Resurrection, and His Word (The Bible). Meaning, we will not compromise the integrity of the Gospel. Why? Because we consider the Bible to be the highest standard of goodness and truth regarding morality, creation, history, the fallen state of humanity, redemption, and God himself. One of our main objectives is to preach the truth of God's word and to fulfill the will of the Lord on earth as it is in heaven by executing our assignment for the Great Commission. Jesus commanded the disciples in Matthew 28:19, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Since the time Jesus uttered these words to his disciples almost two thousand years ago, not only has Christianity become the largest faith in the world, but Christians throughout the generations have carried the baton of the Gospel, giving the church today an opportunity to fulfill their part of the Great Commission. Therefore, CWM will continue to carry the baton until it is our turn to pass it. The mission Jesus called the church to do is an ongoing marathon that will require perseverance, endurance, longsuffering, and faith to continue the race, especially when considering the current needs of the world. With the trends of poverty, disease, unreached people, persecution, liberalism, false doctrines, etc., there is still plenty of work that needs to be done. Hence, CWM is going to continue to develop and grow through our ministry by reaching out to the world and to other parishes in effort to demonstrate the love and power of God. It is our prayers that God continues to mold us into his purposes and allows CWM to grow into a ministry that can reach its efforts globally.
What are we built on?
God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit!
Deuteronomy 6:4 says, "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is One
~Jesus is the Rock of our Foundation~
Matthew 16:18 says,
"On this Rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail."
What’s Our Purpose?
“Leading God’s People to the Way to be Saved.” ~Acts 16:17~
~Where Creativity, Relativity, Ingenuity, and Continuity of the Gospel is our Top Priority!
Our Mission Statement:
* Christian Way Ministries will bring forth the vision of God for this ministry by adhering and exercising the Great Commission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Jesus in Matthew 28:19 which says, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
* Christian Way Ministries will make disciples by leading them towards Jesus Christ who is the "Only" way to be saved, by teaching them everything Jesus commanded in the scriptures, and by baptizing them by water and by the Spirit in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* Christian Way Ministries will equip God's people for works of service according to Ephesians 4:12-13 by calling them to a life of repentance, by preaching the truth out of love, by teaching them how to live holy as our Father in heaven is holy, by demonstrating how to put the Word of God into practice, by empowering the call God placed on their life, and by raising our children in the ways of the Lord so as they grow they shall not depart from the foundation given to them. This will allow them to exercise their part of the Great Commission, to serve God in their local congregations, to go out and deliver the hope of the Gospel, and to reach their hands out to the less fortunate. James 1:27 says, "Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
* Christian Way Ministries will therefore achieve its goal by remaining on the narrow road that leads to righteousness, by not conforming to the patterns of the world, by being aware of the signs of the times, by standing firm on the Word of God, by operating in faith, by being prepared to give a reason for the hope that is within us, by casting down every argument that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, by providing answers to the more difficult criticisms and questions surrounding the Christian Faith, by utilizing our website www.road2thecross.org, and by engaging all of our social media platforms to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to advance the kingdom of God for his glory.
* Christian Way Ministries will accomplish the will of the Lord for this ministry by always placing God first, by being led by the Holy Spirit, by always praying without ceasing, by meditating on his word day and night, and by making the most of every opportunity afforded to this ministry that God has provided.
* Christian Way Ministries will use these efforts to lead God’s people to the right and only way to be saved through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen!
We Believe The…
Articles of Faith:
We believe in the divine inspiration and authority of the Scriptures. We believe in the inerrancy of Scriptures in the Original Autograph (Job 32:8, 2 Timothy 3:16).
We believe in the unity of the body of Christ, which is the primary reason Christian Way Ministries is a Non-Denominational Church. The scriptures teach unity, not division (Ephesians 4:4-5).
We believe in one God, The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, revealed as coeternal, coexisting, and coequal (Deuteronomy 6:4, John 10:30).
We believe that God created a host of angels, some of whom followed the lead of Lucifer, now called Satan in rebelling against God. We believe in Satan's ultimate complete defeat by the Lord Jesus Christ /Yeshua (Genesis 3:15, Revelation 20:2).
We believe that man was created in the image of God, that man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death; which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and become sinners in thought, word, and deed. With such a nature, they are incapable of producing anything acceptable to God without Christ (Genesis 3:8-24, Psalm 51:5, Romans 3:10-12).
We believe in the incarnation of Jesus Christ/Yeshua as a work of the Holy Spirit, and that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary (Matthew 1:20), and is true God and true man (Colossians 2:9). We believe that He died for the sins of men as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus Christ/Yeshua and His ascension into heaven.
We believe that men are justified by grace through faith on the grounds of the shed blood of Jesus Christ/Yeshua, and that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua as Savior are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God (Ephesians 2:8-10, John 3:3-8).
We believe that Christianity is predicated on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ/Yeshua. For without Jesus and the resurrection, our faith is in vain (1 Corinthians 15:17); for without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness (Hebrews 9:22).
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost (Matthew 25:31-46 and Luke 16:19-31).
We believe that salvation can only be received through repentance from your sins through the blood of Jesus, and belief from the heart that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God (Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9, Ephesians 1:7, and Matthew 16:16).
We believe that it is the supreme responsibility of believers to testify to the saving power of the gospel (Matthew 28:19, Acts 1:8, Luke 8:39, John 15:27).
We believe that it is the duty of each believer to live a holy life unto God, keeping himself unspotted from the world, and that it is God's intention that this shall be accomplished in the believer's life by his constant dependence on the divine enablement of the indwelling Holy Spirit. The Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, not by man, describe Holiness (Psalm 1:1-2; 119:1-8, Matthew 5:48, 1 Peter 2:9).
We believe that God has progressively revealed Himself through the Scriptures directly through the Prophets, the Apostles, through Jesus Christ himself, and through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:19-22, 2 Peter 1:20-21).
We believe that the Church had its historical beginning at Pentecost and is composed solely of believers (Acts 2:1-41 & Ephesians 4:12-13).
We believe in corporate worship on the first day of the week on Sunday, also known as the Lord's Day; the day Jesus/Yeshua rose from the dead and the day the early Christians gathered together to break bread (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Revelation 1:10).
We believe in celebrating the Lord's Supper every time we gather together for corporate worship on Sunday's to commemorate the most revolutionary event in all of human history; the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:26, 1 Corinthians 11:23-29).
We believe a person has to be born again by water and by the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-5, Romans 6:1-4, Acts 2:38).
We believe that at any moment the Rapture of the saved may occur, when "the Lord himself shall descend from heaven to catch up His people to meet Him in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
We believe in the personal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua. He will then set up His kingdom upon the earth for His literal thousand-year reign, after which He will deliver the kingdom to the Father (Matthew 24:29-31 and Revelation 20:4).
We believe that all believers should live a life of obedience to the scriptures both Old and New Testament (Deuteronomy 4:39-40, 1 Samuel 15:22, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3).
We believe in the Nation of Israel and that it has rightful ownership to the land of Jerusalem according to the Scriptures (Genesis 32:28, Joshua 1:3-6).
We believe in commemorating the Jewish festivals such as the Passover, the Feast of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, and the washing of the feet (Acts 2:1, John 13:14-17, 1 Corinthians 5:8).
We believe in "heterosexual" marriage between a biological male and a biological female (Genesis 2:24 & Matthew 19:5).
We believe in "Pro-Life" and that life begins at the moment of conception (Psalm 139:13-16 & Jeremiah 1:5).
We believe that Jesus/Yeshua is the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, the Anointed One of Israel, the Shepard and Overseer of our souls, the Chief-cornerstone, the High Priest, the Mediator, the True Vine, The Gate-Way, the Great I Am, the Resurrection and the Life, the Light of the World, the Bread of Life, the Spring of Living Water, the Righteous One, the Bright Morning Star, the Prince of Peace, the Wonderful Counselor, and the Author and Perfector of our Faith.